Our community is disproportionately out of work, with a stay at home
order, panicking about looming rent/mortgages. We need Emergency
Housing Protections NOW.
The Tacoma Tenants Organizing Committee along with the Washington State Tenants Union demand our representatives enact these policies now:
- 90-day Moratorium on Evictions, Foreclosures & Utility Shut-offs; Close the Loop-hole on Pay or Vacate Notices;
- Three year Moratorium on Rent Increases;
- Moratorium on Accumulation of Late Fees;
- 90-day Rent & Mortgage Freeze;
- Protect the Safety of the Most Vulnerable, the Unhoused;
- Push for statewide measures to uphold permanent protections of all tenants across Washington State:
- Lifting the Constitutional Ban on Rent Control Enact statewide;
- Rent Control similar to Oregon and California’s recent meas ;
- Just Cause Protections.
Will you join us? Click here to sign our letter or create your own to city and county council members: https://actionnetwork.org/letters/emergency-housing-protections?source=email&referrer=group-tiki-tenants-organizing-committee